Guest post by Rebecca Ball, Red Cross blogger
Bypass cold and flu season with a few good habits that can help stop the spread of germs and prevent illnesses like the flu.
1. Stay at home when you are sick to help prevent the spread of germs.
2. Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Use your sleeve rather than your hand if tissues are not available.
3. Wash your hands with soap and warm water frequently, particularly after coughing or sneezing.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to limit and reduce the spread of germs.
5. Disinfect surfaces or objects that are frequently touched at home, work or school.
The Red Cross has more information on health habits and how to prevent the spread of a cold or flu: www.redcross.ca/flu.